10 Reasons Why to Move to the Cloud
If you missed our 10 Reasons why to move to the cloud webinar, no worries, I’m here to fill you in. As an Oracle Platinum partner we’ve implemented over 115 Oracle solutions and growing. One example I would like to share is when we worked with a client who had managed their own environment, but turned to us to help with implementing their Finance, SCM, HCM, EPM and Technical software. Their IT team didn’t have the bandwidth to manage all of the IT implementation so they turned to Apps Associates for their expertise to ensure they met deadlines and stayed on track. With Apps Associates on board an agile methodology was implemented to keep the project moving forward smoothly. Apps Associates engages with the customer resources to provide support, guidance, management and troubleshooting. Being open and realistic about strengths and weaknesses sets the framework for quick problem resolution and contributes to the success of these projects.
So here’s the reasons why you should consider a move to the cloud:
- Modern UI – You can personalized on your platform so that it looks and feel the same on any device. It allows you to skip a few steps getting you to where you need to be once you’re in the system.
- Embedded Reporting and Infolets – These infolets are on your report so what you can see what’s going on with your organization just by looking at the infolets. It’s user friendly and is embedded for real time information.
- Embedded Essbase in GL – This give budgeting and planning very powerful abilities and can do complicated budgeting and analysis on your data. You can do rolling forecast and drill down to the segment you want.
- Powerful Financial Solutions – It’s an integer solution with supply chain management, CX, and allows AP invoice scanning so you can send it to an email address and it will do a search so that matched the PL. You can have multi-level of workflow features.
- Intuitive HCM – Same log in as if they were logging into the ERP system. This help with keeping track with recruiting and onboard so you’re not putting in the same information over and over again. There’s one homepage for all so that makes it easier to find what you need. This also help with PTO approval and you can keep track of your vacations.
- Complete SCM – Instead of using an on-prem solution, this gives you the features and functionality that you need to builds out of the systems for when you have different products and you’re manufacturing them. This will help with heat maps so you know what your forecast is and your timeline for when you need to get your product out.
- Get out of the Hardware Business – You will not need any hardware and is managed by Oracle. You can scale up or down quickly, meaning in that if you get more people you can up the power on more servers. There’s no storage issues.
- Get out of the Software Business – There are functionality that was added later in SAAS so you can customize your application without being version lock. Report and interfaces are now protected because of custom applications. You can create custom application that feeds in and out and won’t break when you go through an upgrade.
- Release, Not upgrade – You can determine if you want to test the new function and test it before you release it to everyone.
- It’s the future – Most likely you’re going to move to the cloud to manage your environment, Oracle has been focusing on the cloud for their future applications. They have added some new features that is not on the on-premises solutions.
For the link to our webinar, click here and if you would like more information on our how our services can help you click here. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to Todd Ledet at [email protected]