Installing Oracle E-Business Suite RAC on VMware Cloud at AWS SDDC
Everything depends on data today to make decisions to drive successful business results. Oracle Real Applications Clusters (RAC) can help achieve a high availability solution for data residing in a Database or server where downtime is unacceptable. However, an Oracle Database on a RAC configuration allows multiple Oracle instances to run on separate servers to access the same database in shared storage.
It is easy to run mission critical RAC workloads on Amazon Web Services (AWS) Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) using VMware Cloud. This can be accomplished using the same tools that companies have been accustomed to using on-premises for years.
Our latest White Paper which is co-authored by my colleague, Wilfrido Solano, Director, describes how Apps Associates deployed Oracle E-Business Suite RAC on VMware Cloud at AWS SDDC and provides a sample architecture. The White Paper covers the following topics:
- Advantages of Oracle E-Business Suite RAC on VMware Cloud at AWS SDDC
- Oracle E-Business Suite RAC on VMware Cloud sample architecture
- Oracle E-Business Suite RAC on VMware Cloud High-Level Installation Steps
- Oracle E-Business Suite RAC Installation on VMware Cloud at AWS SDDC
- Technology Considerations for Oracle E-Business Suite RAC Installation on VMware Cloud at AWS SDDC
VMware Cloud AWS SDDC is an elegant and reliable solution to High Availability requirements for complex mission critical systems using Oracle Technologies like Oracle EBS deployed on a RAC Database. VMware Cloud will allow companies to run v-Sphere based cloud environments integrating vSAN, NSX, and vCenter. Be sure to read the White Paper for all the details.